Submitting a Play to Fishamble
At the heart of new writing in Irish theatre, Fishamble offers dramaturgical support and advice to new and developing playwrights. We welcome manuscript submissions of new, original dramatic work and appreciate the time, effort and the act of creation that goes into writing a play.
Guidelines for submitting a play
- Fishamble does not accept scripts by email. Please send script submissions in hard copy only.
- Fishamble is a new play company, therefore we will only consider plays that have not previously been produced
- Scripts should be bound – stapled/clipped – and all pages must be numbered
- Please include contact details on title page
- Scripts will be acknowledged, read and responded to within a 3 – 6 month period
- Fishamble does not offer a full play response service but if requested, will provide a brief set of comments on the work
- Fishamble encourages the submission of work which is of particular interest to Irish audiences
- Writers should limit themselves to sending Fishamble no more than one script in the calendar year
- Scripts will not be returned unless a SAE is enclosed
Please send scripts to
Fishamble: The New Play Company
3 Great Denmark Street
For further queries on Fishamble’s dramaturgical support, please e-mail Gavin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 670 4018.